Monday, July 24, 2017

Knitted Quilt in Blue - WIP

I've been working on this 'quilt' for over two years. I've just gone through and re-pinned it with some new pins I picked up (watch here for a post about them shortly).  And at one point I thought I must have made a mistake and ended up 4" short on one edge. Re-pinning it proves that I'm really only about a half inch off - enough that I can manage with pinning and seaming and meant that the blanket body is finished and just needs the finishing details.

First, the photograph (credit to the original poster, if I can find it again) that inspired me:



Step 1 - I knit a long strip up the vertical left edge using intarsia for the colorwork.


Step 2 - Then I knit the first horizontal strip that ran along the top edge.
Step 3 - Then a vertical strip that came down along the center section.


Step 4, 5, 6, 7 more horizontal strips to finish out the blanket


Remaining steps - visible seams in black, mock black seams around each square, and a solid black edging.

No comments: