Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May - mid-month progress report:

MAY's PREVIOUSLY POSTED FINISHED ITEMS: Cabled sweater; baby blanket; hat

FINISHED (but with details):

Sweater # 5 of 12 -
  Pattern: Crochet Bronze Beauty Top by Doris Chan
  Yarn: KnitPicks Cotlin in StarryNight
  Hook: I hook
  Mods:
   - I need to work on my foundation-less sc; so this one used a chain and regular sc as it was more even.
   - I only did half-sleeves.
  Comments:
    - Super fast, super easy. Could adapt this pattern 'structure' to other crochet stitch patterns. Fits like a dream. Super soft cotton after washing (which you might want to do sans other clothing as it sheds the first time in the wash). This yarn was actually left-over from a project last summer and as such was a no-cost sweater for me. I threw it on over a t-shirt to dress it up for the office.



Also finished  two more charity hats - current total is 15 hats out of 40 (original goal for the year). This goal might climb as things go - just love the portability of hats and having them handy when I get stuck somewhere I can pick it up and put it down for a few minutes here and there.

ON THE NEEDLES:
  • Brioche Scarf done on 2-ply alpaca on BIG needles for lacy-effect.  About 40% done - Goal before end of month
  • Pair of adult socks for me - pattern selected On The Town from Melissa Morgan-Oakes with KnitPicks Comfy in Fingering. About 25% done. - Goal before end of month
  • TKGA Master Knitters Level 1 program - just started, but we'll call it 10% done. Goal before Jul 27th (so I can free myself up for Ravelympics)

     
STILL TO DO THIS MONTH:


  •  Pair of mini-socks done in Christmas colors & double-knit to test my theory that I can make a larger stocking with after-thought heel. I really want to make a family set of Christmas stockings. But I want to use stranding to get nice looks - but HATE the floats that grab onto all the stocking stuffers. Double-knit stockings mean NO floats. Plus I could make the inside of the stocking striped in the primary colors used on the reverse side. Goal - cast on 6/19 and finish by 6/20
  • Cast-on Striped-T using Paton's Bamboo/Silk - hopefully this third attempt will be the charm Goal - Cast on after 6/27 and finish by 7/13 

No comments: